Specifications (K-series +)
- Works either on 3.7 Volts, with just one or more Li-ion cells, 5volts (charger) or even a stand alone 12volt vehicle battery. Actual working range is 3-13 volts. (14v fused)
- Use Protected cells only.
- Cells are charged mounted on the lantern (no need for extracting them each time they need a charge). Red LED will goes on during charging and going off once charging is completed.
- Fully decomposable. Globes can be replaced, bulb and Li cells (batteries).
- Cells can be charged mounted on the lantern.
- On off switch incorporated to wick controller that also by turning it provides smooth analog dimming from few to 400 (typical) . Output can be further internally regulated by a trimmer potentiometer mounted on the pcb.
- Smooth Light – No glare. Durable frosting on the glass globe. On the inside surface. new!
- new! Rugged internal circuit with active IC overcurrent /short circuit protection and (soft fused) and passive cells short circuit / reverse polarity protection (PTC fuses). Baby safe, no fire hazard under any circumstances. (lantern regarding not any acompanied charger)
- High efficiency (typical 90-95%) and adjustable maximum power output (how much is lit at max wick controler possition). Can achieve as much as 450 lumens but in running time expense
- Smart IC boost circuit that maintains same luminosity irrelevantly cells’ voltage level (FP5138b boost controller)
- Barou’s ® red LED functionality.
Normaly red LED status: OFF* (*new in some lanterns the LED never goes off and acts as darness lantern spotter drawing some 40-100uA always)
Cell voltage below 3.2 (+-0.15v) red LED ON, charging required
Charging the cells red LED ON
Charging completed red LED off** (totally off goes when lantern is also off and charging completed. If lantern is hooked to charger and works above some power level then red LED goes ON).
- Good quality branded components (Fairchild, Vishay, International Rectifiers etc), robust making with moisture protection. (safe at 90% RH) Please avoid places with often vaport condesation.
- Typical bulbs have 15 x high efficiency LEDs that emmit a pleasant warm white 2700K, 80 CRI min(default), outputting around 120 lumens /watt. Bulbs are fitted to lantern’s body with GU10 sockets. Led chips used so far as are Samsung SPMWHT221MD5WAW0S0 and Cree XHGAWT-00-0000-00000HWE7.
- Lasts at max setting around 6-8 hours with fully charged good Li 18650 cells (3 or 4 cells, 2200 mAh actual capacity, 0.9 amp draw or 350 lumens)
- Comes with 5volts 2 Amps, 110 -240 volts AC mains charger (option for US, EU mains type)
All lanterns are double packed while shipped. Inner package (photo) also serves as currying case for the lantern (and charger) assuring maximum protection during transport. It is highly suggested to keep it.
An user uide that has all the small tips that any Barous’ Lantern owner should know (some of its parts do not apply to predating lanterns). Attached file in pdf format.
Special thanks to David from Florida!